Matriculation program is held annually to welcome and adjust new students to President University’s international environment. Matriculation is the term used to describe students’ formal entry into the University and is described in the University’s Student Handbook as “the act of placing a student’s name upon roll of members of the University.”
Matriculation program is normally held in President University’s main campus one month before the first semester of new academic year begins. During the program, students are obliged to attend classes for 6 hours a day from Monday to Saturday comprising two courses: English and Personality Development courses.
English course (4 hours a day) will equip students with the ability to speak and write in English. A more comprehensive study about the English course will be carried out in their first semester up to forth semester. Whereas, the Personality Development course (2 hours a day) refers to formal and informal activities that improve self-knowledge and identity, develop talents and potential. The Personality Development course is a very useful subject as it will help students to understand themselves and others hence preparing all students from different backgrounds to live and study together in harmony.
During the matriculation program, students are encouraged to dress smartly and decently. In some occasions and events, students may be asked to wear specific attire.
Herewith, we attach a schedule of the enrollment and a list of items that are permitted or required to be brought along during the program. It is also expected that you are able to complete the following documents should you have not delivered them to us when following President University Entrance Examination (USM):
- A copy of legalized school report from grade 10th to 12th
- A copy of legalized SKHUN (Surat Keterangan Hasil Ujian Nasional)
- A copy of ID / Student ID
- 4×6 colorized photograph (2 pieces)
To ensure comfort in registration, students are divided into 2 groups as follows:
|1||INSIDE JABODETABEK||19 August 2013||08.00 – 17.00|
|2||OUTSIDE JABODETABEK||20 August 2013||08.00 – 17.00|
Students will start living in the student housing on the 19th or 20th of August 2013 once they finish their registration process.
Below are the provisions that must be met by students before coming to President University:
|1.||Pay the dormitory fee and refundable deposit before 2 August 2013|
|1 room for 2 persons which amounts to Rp. 3.400.000, -/semester/person or Rp.9.350.000, -/annum/person (after a discount of 1 month which amounts to Rp.850.000, -) . Single bed (1 room for 1 person) is provided exclusively for the first 50 registrants for Rp. 18.000.000/annum/person. The dormitory fee can be sent to the following Bank Account:|
|2.||All students are expected to come to the President University Main Campus (Research Center) on the aforementioned date and time to get the student handbook and dormitory key.|
|3.||Roommate placement is determined by the Dormitory Management randomly but if you already have a roommate in mind we will consider it under the following:
|4.||Fill up the dormitory application form. Click here to download.|
|5.||The matriculation program will start from 21st August to 7th September 2013. The details pertaining to daily activities during the program will be given when registering at President University|
|6.||The orientation program will start from 8th September to 11th September 2013. The details pertaining to daily activities during the program will be given when registering at President University|
|7.||We also provide additional financial leverage/scholarship for outstanding students who perform well during their study at President University. The detail can be seen here|
|8.||Classes will start on the 12th of September 2013.|
List of Items that may and/or must be brought along when Studying at President University for the Academic Year 2013/2014
The following are items that may (not obligated) be brought by students during their stay in the dormitory for the academic year 2013/2014:
- Writing Tools
- Notebook / Laptop / PC / HP
- Fan (for those who do not fit with A/C)
- Bedspreads (80 cm x 190 cm) and pillow
- Radio tape, MP3 / Nano I-pod or similar
- Flashlights + Batteries / Emergency lamp or similar
- Wall clock
- Personal Medications
- Plates, bowls, cups, spoons, forks
Below are clothes and items that must (obligated) be brought and used by students during President University Orientation Program/Matriculation for academic year 2013/2014:
- White long sleeved shirt with or without motive (2 pieces)
- Formal trouser (plain black) for boys and formal skirt (plain black) for girls (2 pieces)
- Collar T-shirt with following colors: blue, red, green and white (with or without motive and 1 piece for each color)
- No-Collar T-Shirt with following colors: Yellow, red, green (with or without motive and 1 piece for each color)
- Sports shoes (free color)
- Formal leather shoes (plain black)
- Jackets / Blazers (plain black)
- Black training pants with or without motive (2 pieces)
- Batik shirt – any color (1 piece)
- Complete Dictionary (Indonesia-Inggris/Inggris-Indonesia)
Should you have any inquiries, you may contact Mr. Wishnu and Mr. Rhino from Marketing Department at (021) 89109762-63 ext. 112-115
- President University students are not allowed to bring heavy cooking utensils in the dormitory area, such as stove.
- Drinking water is provided in the dormitory (free).
- Laundry is provided for students who are in need (paid).
You can download the followings:
- Student Housing application form here,
- Housing Guide Book
- PDF version of item list here,
- Lodging Brochure here,
- Change major form here
- Academic Scholarship and Facts about President University here
For more information, you can join Facebook Fanpage President University.